We're a fast-growing marketing agency looking for talented WordPress developers to assist us on a freelance basis.
In short, we're looking for *WordPress freaks* ... developers who live and breathe WP, with experienced knowledge of the ins and outs of the platform and an attractive portfolio to prove it.
We're searching for:
* Creative individuals with a strong portfolio of WordPress website work
* Joyful personalities who are passionate about WP site development
* Self-starters who “think” rather than just “code,” who do not need to be micro-managed
* Perfectionist-level attention to detail
* Involvement in the WP and other development communities (e.g., YCombinator)
* Ability to work quickly, efficiently, and independently to deliver polished-looking sites on time
And strong knowledge of:
* Web design and development standards, frameworks, best practices, and marketplaces (e.g., Envato, ThemeForest)
* Trends in WP theme design
* Familiarity with WP codex and development standards
* WP plugins, both free and premium
* PSD to HTML to WP conversion
* Ready-made code snippets/scripts for sliders/slideshows, mega-menus, etc. available in the market
* Knowledge of copyright, copyleft, open source development, licensing in general and in particular GNU/GPL is a plus
* Familiarity with SEO best practices is also a plus
* Knowledge of other Adobe Web Suite products is a plus
To be considered for this position, BE SURE TO ANSWER ALL OF THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS:
1. Provide links to three WordPress sites that you have developed.
a. Indicate whether each was built from a theme or custom-designed.
b. Let us know which pieces (i.e., front-end and back-end) that you handled.
2. Tell us about your level of experience building WordPress sites:
a. How many years of experience do you have?
b. Are you comfortable with all of the specific skills, programming languages, and requirements mentioned above?
c. What are your particular areas of strength in building WordPress sites?
d. How do you stay informed about the latest trends in the WordPress industry?
3. Please provide your rate.
a. Approximately how much would you charge for a typical, very basic 10-page site built from a template ... to give us an idea of your ballpark?
4. Why should we pick you to join our freelance development team? What makes you the best WordPress developer for our clients?
Skills: marketing, design, gnu