- Support the I.T. infrastructure of this demanding global financial firm.
- Design and implementation of new infrastructure components.
- Stay up to date with relevant state-of-the-art technology, equipment, and/or systems.
- Evaluates new hardware and software technologies.
- Install, modify, and maintain a complex telecommunications environment.
- Provide Level 1 support of desktop hardware and software, Mobile Devices (laptops,
- Blackberry), printers copiers, scanners, fax, phone.
- Responsible to triage, debug and resolve desktop, server and network malfunctions.
- Provide Level 2 support in areas of competence.
- Monitor and administer day to day operations of the I.T. infrastructure(WAN, LAN,
- Internet, Security, Market Data, Software Services, Telecom)
- Build and deploy desktops, laptops, servers and networks.
- Support office moves/adds/changes.
- Support Audiovisual systems
- Track hardware and software inventory and licensing
- Data backups, retention, and restores.
- Rotational on-call responsibility.
- Perform other duties or special projects as assigned.
- College degree in computer science or engineering discipline is strongly preferred.
- Alternative degree or equivalent work experience may be considered.
- All applicants applying must be authorized to work in the United States.
- 2+ years of I.T. infrastructure support experience.
- 2+ years of Windows System Administration of Windows 2000/2003 desktops and servers.
- 1+ years of data communications and networking experience
- Able to work extended hours on occasion, travel, and be available to accept and work problem
calls outside normal tour hours as directed by management.
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to support very demanding end users and critical technologies.
- Solid experience with the support and administration of Microsoft Exchange, wireless email
- Excellent organizational and time/task management skills.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL ALSO HAVE:
- Certifications (i.e. Cisco CCNA, Microsoft MCSE, MCSA)
- Database administration experience with SQL Server, Oracle, or Sybase.
- UNIX system administration experience
- Experience with data network configuration and security including switches, firewalls,
- VPN, VLAN, Anti-Virus, Active Directory, DNS, routing, distributed authentication.
- Operational knowledge of TCP/IP, OSPF, BGP
- Experience with data encryption technologies.
- Experience with Storage Networking and Arrays (iSCSI, Fiber Channel, EMC)
- Experience with VMware Administration (ESX Enterprise)
- Demonstrated capacity for project planning and infrastructure documentation.
- Experience with Citrix or Terminal Services.
- Knowledge of Cisco Call Manager, and Etrali turret phone systems
- Programming/Scripting ability with VB, Perl, Powershell, etc…
Skills: wan, design, blackberry, lan, computer-science