Full-time Filipino with an Artistic Eye for Photo Project (Long Term)
Closed - This job posting has been filled and work has been completed.
My company, a marketplace for local classes, is seeking very reliable photo editor who is a visual person with color sensitivity for ongoing work. We have a large amount of existing class photos that need to be revamped and are constantly in need of new photos, so we are looking for someone who can work full time.
Outline of Responsibilities
Hired employees will be responsible for supporting and maintain the company’s visual look by appropriately collecting and editing photos. He or she will be trained on how to use our system to identify classes and upload photos, and they will be trained to follow the established photo editing workflow. They’ll be given a list of school websites to visit and retrieve photos from, and they must select the best-matched photo for each school’s individual classes, edit and upload them into our system. In the first part of the project, the hired employee will be reviewing existing class photos to identify and switch out photos that do not meet the standards.
We will try our best to hire employees who can work with us for at least 40 hours per week – this means that we largely prefer employees that do not have other jobs (either online or offline). Those who wish to work longer are of course encouraged to do so – the more hours you put in, the more money you make, and the more we will value and reward you as an employee. Ideal candidates will stay with us for at least a year, if not longer.
* An artistic eye, and a strong sense for the “right look” of photos
* Fast, efficient and high attention to detail
* Strong organization skill
* Quickly able to learn new online tools (with help of course)
* Preferably have access to Adobe Photoshop, best with some knowledge and experience of it
* Dedicated and reliable – someone ready to work longer hours
* Must have a very fast and reliable internet connection (prepaid kits not recommended)
* Interested in a longer term relationship with our company
* A positive, happy personality
* Willing and ready to provide feedback and ask questions
Applicants that seem to fit the position will be hired for training and to identify, select and edit for selected test courses (all paid work). You'll be trained by and working with the Photography and Art Director and if you meet the requirements of the position well, we'll officially hire you. We screen all applicants thoroughly as we’re looking to build a lasting relationship. We're a fun, small company, and would love to work with you!
* Please write a cover letter specifically for this job. We will use this to evaluate your writing skills, so please do not submit a pre-written cover letter.
* Please follow the following link, click on the two photos you see to view them in full size and describe the differences between them:
Please try to be as specific as possible, as your ability to identify the visual presentation of a photo is important for the job.
PLEASE NOTE: This job pays an hourly rate of $1.50 (ignoring of oDesk fee). Please forgive us for rejecting those who bid higher right away.
Thank you so much – we’re excited to get started!
Skills: training, test