WebObects Modernization Project
Closed - This job posting has been filled.
I have the need for a WebObjects expert who is familiar with the transition of WebObjects from version 5.2.x to the current stable version.
An enterprise product was developed some time ago in WO 5.2, but now needs to be modernized and deployed using the latest WO stable release and framework. Full Java source code, and associated media files, are available, as is the WO 5.2 / xCode project IDE file. We are in need of someone who can:
1. Create a new WO project using the latest stable release
2. Update the necessary frameworks, if any.
3. Successfully compile and build the software
4. Recommend deployment options (JBoss, Tomcat, Apple, etc) based on latest developments in the WO community
5. Deploy to in-house servers
Upon successful completion of the work, successful deployment of existing source base could lead to follow-on work to modernize the code base and begin evolving the product to new requirements.