Top-Notch UI Artist / Designer Needed for Multi-Function Mobile Ebook/Ereading App
Closed - This job posting has been filled and work has been completed.
We are seeking a Lead UI Designer / Artist with exceptional creative talent to bring a new level of vision to our groundbreaking e-reading, social networking, and library management mobile app for iOS and Android.
In addition to design and management tasks, you’ll also need to iterate quickly and effectively on concept wireframes and functional prototypes using the specifications using specific visual style requirements.
Our successful candidate will have a full and rich understanding of human-software interaction and will be highly-effective at communicating complex paradigms and systems using clear, concise aesthetics that make using our app and our website a “destination experience” for book lovers. Lastly, our candidate should be highly creative, passionate, and have a strong ability to work well with others and accept constructive criticism and design aesthetics that may differ from their own.
- Work directly for the management team, establishing the look of the app’s front-end user interface and additional art content to maintain a consistent visual aesthetic across all UI assets.
- Work closely with the Systems Designers to iterate on concepts until architectural and usability requirements are met.
- Work with Systems Designer to ensure that the end-user has a seamless and intuitive experience and that all assets appear with a high degree of readability.
- Work with System Designer to ensure that all assets appear to specification and within technical constraints.
- Work with the management team to prioritize your schedule and deliver assets that support the development goals of each milestone.
- Supervise regular team meetings, as required.
- Generate assets for front-end menus, icons, buttons, widgets, backgrounds, data displays, top-down maps, etc., from concept to final polished product.
- Have the ability to creatively problem solve and consistently present sound solutions to technical issues related to the creation of mobile app environments.
- Must be able to resolve timeline and artistic discrepancies promptly and professionally.
- Have a driving desire to make the best-looking, most intuitive, and most innovative user interface ever experienced in an ebook reading app.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum 5+ years’ experience working in visual media with a focus on user interface design
- Mobile app development experience on iOS and Android – Experience with Windows Phone highly-desirable.
- Prior experience leading and supervising other designers and coders is not required, but is highly-desirable.
- Able to provide any needed direction, guidance, assistance, and day-to-day feedback, ensuring that the team understands their tasks in relation to the overall development of the app and the role it will play in the end-user experience.
- Able to self-monitor the consistency of style and quality in the work being performed, so that errors or other issues do not need daily assessment by the management team.
- Can proactively obtain feedback from the management team on matters of look and feel and defer to the Chief Executive Officer on suggestions for improvements
- Ability to work in a self-directed manner and to make timely, well-thought out decisions
- Experience in collaborating with mobile app coders (System Designers) to solve design and implementation issues at a wireframe and/or prototyping level.
- Strong portfolio demonstrating a breadth of visual creativity with many examples of visually-attractive and logically functional designs. Additionally, portfolio should contain examples of logos and iconography
- Proficiency in standard graphic media applications, such as Photoshop and Illustrator. Some Xara Designer experience highly-desirable but not required.
- Must be a good communicator who works well with a variety of personalities in a bootstrapping, startup team environment
- Must be concept driven and able to come up with multiple solid ideas, pitch them to the management team, absorb feedback, re-pitch to the management team, and then see them through production
- Experience working in a related field, such as publishing, bookselling, web design, information architecture, illustration or industrial design is highly-desired but not required.
- MUST have a passion for books and reading; a clear understanding of Amazon’s business practices within the realm of publishing and distribution is a big plus. Suggested reading: “The Everything Store” by Brad Stone.
IF YOU LOVE THE LOOK OF LOG HOMES, then you will understand our design aesthetic!