Senior Front-end Expert HTML5/HTML/CSS templates
Closed - This job posting has been filled.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
* Produce HTML/CSS templates from design documentation for integrating into desktop and mobile websites and web applications
* Understand cross-browser and cross-platform concepts and concerns
* Ensure code and design quality through the execution of test plans
* Assist in development of standards, methodology and repeatable processes
* Work closely with design, business, and technical counterparts across AG practice areas
* 6+ years experience working at an advertising, design, or consulting agency
* Experience executing large scale website launches
* Ability to solve complex development problems and produce the highest quality code while pushing the boundaries of online applications
* Solid understanding of W3C and accessibility guidelines
* Ability to work quickly but with a strong attention to detail and accuracy
* Process-oriented with ability to work with different UI materials and rapid prototyping
* Strong communications and organizational skills with an ability to thrive in a fast-paced production deadline-driven environment
Experience with HTML5 leveraging newer constructs such as canvas, local storage, web workers, etc.
Experience with Jquery, Template frameworks like Mustache, Jquery Templates, Handlebars
Experience with CSS3 leveraging best practices such as CSS pre-processor languages (E.g. Less, Stylus, Sass, Compass). Experience with other CSS constructs such as grid systems and media queries.
Experience of invoking RESTFUL WebServices, Parsing JSON
Experience with mobile application development
Proven experience with object-oriented design and design patterns
Strong understanding of HTTP/REST/API architectures.
Experience using source code control systems, such as Git, Subversion, or CVS
Knowledge of XML parsing, and/or DOM traversal.
Knowledge of and desire to work in an Agile development environment
Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English are required
Ability to multi-task and troubleshoot issues and remediate
Creative problem solving skills and ability to effectively communicate and translate feedback, needs and solutions
Must have strong teamwork orientation and the ability to foster collaboration within and across teams
Must exhibit maturity and leadership skills along with technical expertise
What would make you really stand out?
Experience with Agile development methodologies including XP methods such as Test Driven Development and pair programming
Experience developing for mobile devices, especially mobile apps that consume cloud APIs
Education and Experience
* Bachelor’s (Master’s a plus) degree in Computer Science / Marketing / Advertising / Interactive Design / Graphic Design or equivalent experience
There is a paid interview test for all applicants that make the final cut