Ongoing work for python web developer
Closed - This job posting has been filled and work has been completed.
I need to find a developer to work with me to help with my current job flow.
The main skills you will need are:
a willingness to learn
Additional familiarity with the following would be useful as well:
pony orm and/or sqlalchemy
web scraping/automation (I mostly use python-requests)
back end task processing alongside web server (I use my own lib to simplify things, but if your familiar with celery you will understand the code a bit faster)
flask login manager (flask.ext.login)
docker (i have been experimenting with docker for my dev environment/deployment recently)
In the long run this will likely be close to a full time job, however to start I will be hiring a number of people and asking them to do small tasks to make sure we can work well together.
Please answer the following
1) What if any projects have you done with flask that are currently in production
2) Do you have any example flask projects you can send me as code samples
3) How would you rate your front end design ability (this is a plus, but not required for the job)
4) if I give you a vague task like "use satchmo to setup a multi vendor ecommerce site" how would you rate your ability to plan and execute the task?
5) Have you done any data scraping projects before? If so give me examples
6) How many hours of work would you like to get per week?
7) What times are you available to work (Please include the timezone)
NO APPLICATION WILL BE CONSIDERED IF THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS ARE UNANSWERED!!!
Given the following pony orm models:
username = Required(unicode)
password = Required(unicode)
url = Required(unicode)
scrape_time = Required(datetime)
html = Required(LongUnicode)
domain = Required('Domain')
url = Required(unicode)
pages = Set('Page')
user = Required('User')
Answer these questions related to the models:
1) How would you select all domains in the database
2) get all pages belonging to the Domain object with an id of 8 as a list
3) fix the user model so it has a one-to-one relationship with Domain
bonus question (I will consider your application without this, but it would be nice, especialy if you don't have code samples): write a quick script to create and populate the aabovce models with a domain or 2, a couple pages for each, and a user or two.