Quality Assurance Engineer
Closed - This job posting has been filled and work has been completed.
The Quality Assurance Engineer will be responsible for the technical testing and bug troubleshooting of software applications.
This position will engage in QA and testing activities involving QA resources, automation, bug testing; and partner with the Sr. Programer in a fun, innovative, collaborative, fast-paced and deadline-driven environment.
- Execute manual and automated test or bugs and new software features.
- Identification, investigation, reporting and tracking bugs to resolution.
- Product installation and uninstallation testing (client and web applications).
- UI, usability, and localization testing.
- Feature-based testing and regression testing.
- Configuration of hardware and software as required by Sr. Programer.
- Provide progress reports on all assigned projects as requested.
- Work with developers to perform escalated problem diagnosis.
- Ensure delivery against all QA tactical and strategic goals and objectives.
- Partner with Sr. Programmer to drive and report key QA & Test metrics.
- Work with developers to perform preliminary problem diagnosis.
- Assist with driving root-cause analysis/continuous improvement activities.
- Provide guidance and mentoring to support and less-experienced team members.
Desired Skills, Experience, and Attributes:
- Minimum 5-7 years QA experience and at least 2 years' experience in mobile and web application testing.
- Must have the ability to multitask, work well under pressure, and be adept at balancing shifting priorities and time management.
- Extensive Scrum process expertise required.
- Experience with QA processes and tools, test management systems, QA automation, bug analysis & trends, etc.
- Deep knowledge of testing cycles and processes, and QA test methodologies.
- Experience in working with distributed team members.
- Extensive experience with client-server software and web applications configuration and deployment in Windows and Mac environments.
- Experience with web services & API testing.
- Experience working with databases such as MS SQL and/or Oracle.
- Knowledge of performance and scalability (stress) testing.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills needed.
- Self-directed, with a passion for delivering quality products to production.
- Must have strong organizational, written, presentation, and oral communication skills.
- Must be self-motivated, driven, and detail-oriented.