Writing a contract to grant using an open source library & a Disclaimer
I need to use an open source library in my closed source software DC AC Lab under the following terms:
The amount from which I will be paying percentage to Library Author is (AM)
1. If I use the library in Java language based software project, maximum paid percentage (MPP) would be 20% from AM
2. If I use the library in non Java programming language based software project, maximum paid percentage (MPP) would be 10% from AM
(How to say this in a better way?)
3. Final amount paid for Library Author would be calculated as:
Number of used components in my software/ All components number in the open source library * MPP
4. The Library Author has no right to stop me using his library.
5. I don't have to put his name or website into my software credit or software.
6. The Library Author grants all the copyrights& ownership of his open source library, which can be found here: http://www.falstad.com/circuit/
he is responsible for any copyrights in his opensource library
7. For disputes, we will use Dubai courts at UAE
8. I don't have to open source my project.
Can I use my Arabic company name in the contract?
Which is better for me, to consider (AM) as pure profit? or price I sell my software license to my client?
I need to indicate this in the contract.
Also, I need to write a disclaimer for my software which is a circuits electronics lab, so, in-spite the fact that I worked very hard on the project, I am not responsible for any scientific errors.