Where do we begin?
We are looking for the best engineers, industrial designers, and fabricators we can find. Maybe it’s one person, maybe it’s you? The bottom line is that we are going to make something truly amazing.
What makes the best?
A combination of technical talent, obsessive commitment to our project, and tireless drive to search out and find solutions needed to accomplish the end goal.
What’s our end goal?
To do a complete design and fabrication of this mobile store trailer, pictured below, in just six months time. Above all that it will look exactly as it’s pictured here - and function exactly as we need.
What are the key components of its look?
1) Slide out glass sides that have no outer frame. ½ thick Lexan anyone? Study the glass right down to the seamless joint with white bevels edges on the glass.
2) Radius circle dimple skin that is 100% seamless
3) Soffit that is metallic with reveal
4) Soft radius edges everywhere – notice soft radius edges right down to the bottom.
5) Green back-lit polycarbonate logo bands, notice reveal and soft radius edges
6) Shroud around truck that matches trailer
7) Bright white interior with seamless skin
8) Led accent and task lights embedded and hidden around exterior. Form and function.
9) Brise soleil treatments
What are the key mechanicals?
1) Trailer must self-level and support itself and lifted vehicle
2) Car must be able to pull in at near ground level or very slight incline <3 degrees
3) Need maximum width between wheels that will require innovative tires and suspension system.
4) Vehicle must lift up 30” once inside
5) Trailer must connect to the truck with pin box and hitch that allows for minimum space between truck box and frame
6) Must be a simple and elegant solution
For the person that can design, do supplier/material source selection, and manage final assembly of the mechanical systems, structure, frame, controls, skin and exterior treatments to our desire we will reward well. $300,000+ and stock options in our company.
We have come a long way with some engineering work and found some very promising directions, yet not quite far enough. We would be happy to share those but don’t want to taint any new original thought in this recruitment process.
Tell us what you think, why you want to part of this project, what excites you about it, and how you can OWN it?
Are you jumping around in your chair with ideas right now? Floored at how cool the thing looks? Positive you could own this design to the level and detail that it will become a successful reality? Love form and function equally to the point you won't sacrifice either? Positive that your smarter than everyone else here on oDesk? Ready to crack into Solid Works, Pro-E, and supplier spec sheets for 12+ hours per day? Were you born to build the Change Lane trailer? Can you feel it in your heart?
GOOD! We won't settle for anything but the best and we'll know it when we see it. Can't wait to hear from you, or what you have to say.