Need additional Medical Transcriptionists
Closed - This job posting has been filled.
We have multiple openings for medical transcriptionists. Job involves trasnscribing dictated examination notes in Practice Fusion, as well as the creation of new patients and entering patient demographic and medical information.
This will be an hourly contract. We typically do 15-60 patients per day.
We have to limit this to US workers currently. 7:00 am-6:00pm Eastern Standard Time (United States).
Workers outside the US are welcome, please see requirements above.
Creating a patient record with medications can take 5-15 minutes, visit dictation may be slightly faster. We would like you to do a minimum of 6 patients per hour. We have some text replacement tools and templates to reduce typing time, so this should be very feasible.
1. Secure computer with latest Windows with latest flash plugin and up to date browser. (Chrome is preferred)
2. Your own dictation software (We dictate with digital voice recorders, so wav files. I recommend a foot pedal with variable speed and rewind).
3. You will need a working knowledge of medical technology terms. We are an eyecare practice.
4. Your computer will need Microsoft Excel 2007 or later and a pdf reader.
5. You will need to be familiar with uploading and downloading documents.
6. I will need a number where you can be reached during working hours (Skype or similar).
7. You will be creating soap notes using practice fusion our EMR.
This will be a long term job, and multiple applicants maybe be hired for each position, so please be clear on availability when applying.
References from a previous medical office in the USA would be a big plus. Good luck and we look forward to working with you!