Market Research for Desalinator
Closed - This job posting has been filled and work has been completed.
I am the inventor of a patent pending device that can desalinate, and purify undrinkable water. The device will be sold to Non Profits as well as disaster relief organizations. The se organizations would then donate the device to developing countries and to disaster relief situations. I am looking for someone who can do detailed research on the potential impact this device can have.
First I will give you the specifications of the device.
- The device is portable, only 18” wide and made out of lightweight plastic. It also includes a handle for easy carrying and water collection
- With adequate sunlight exposure, the device has the ability to produce up to 1 liter of potable water every 24 hours.
- The device is incredibly cheap. Organizations can purchase the device for $10.00 USD.
Here is an idea of what I would like the report to include:
1. I would like you to create a profile of countries that you believe could most benefit from portable, personal desalination. That would be people in countries that have lots of sunlight. close to the ocean, and do not have access to clean drinking water.
In addition to listing the people who could benefit most, I’d like to know the potential impact for each region.
2. For each region I would like to know,
- Is one liter of condensate enough to keep an adult alive in this region? How about a child?
- How many lives could be saved?
- What would it cost to provide the device to everyone in need
- What organizations are currently working in these regions to try and bring clean water to the area?
3. I would then like to know what the impact might be on a global scale.
- How many lives could be saved if every person who needed this device, recieved one for free?
- How much would it cost to save a million lives?
- How much would it cost to save a billion lives?
- What is the total number of people that fit the target profile? (live by the sea, in a hot climate, without clean water nearby
4. Competition/Organizations working toward the same goals?
- Are there any similar devices being distributed in the areas mentioned?
- What organizations are distributing them?
- What nonprofits and aid groups do you think would be most likely to purchase this device?