Metadata & Search Specialist
Closed - This job posting has been filled.
We are looking for a Metadata & Search Specialist to join our dynamic team. This position will be working within our editorial department, researching, writing, and editing metadata tags for products across the website. The successful candidate will be a team player who is organized, assertive, proactive, self-sufficient, flexible, and resourceful and has excellent writing, editing, time-management, marketing, research, SEO, and communication skills.
We are an e-commerce site—an online shopping destination for those who want quality, brand-name apparel, accessories, and more at prices up to 90% off retail. We offer authentic designer merchandise as well as non-branded, trendy items and fabulous fashions and unbelievable prices. This position is full-time, telecommute.
Key duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
• Research, write, and edit metadata / keyword tags for each product to optimize search results on our website
• Complete and accurate data entry of tags
• Create and maintain a library of tags for different categories of product
• Proof and quality control work for accuracy and consistency
• Ensure that keywords / tags meet search objectives for website
Skills and experience required:
• Diploma or degree in Media, Communications, Marketing, Digital Content Management, or equivalent experience
• 2 - 4 years metadata / tagging experience especially within an e-commerce environment
• Excellent reading, analytical, and communication skills
• Excellent grasp of spelling and grammar
• Impeccable attention to detail and consistency
• Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines, plus adapt to emerging priorities
• Strong time-management skills
• Enjoy working under pressure and to a deadline
• Hands-on SEO experience, e-commerce side preferred
• Digital marketing or web analytics experience a plus
• Copywriting experience for e-commerce business a plus
If you are qualified and would like to apply for this position, please send a cover letter and your resume