North America based Associate Creative Director for Online Marketing Agency
Associate Creative Director for Online Marketing Agency
Are you a talented designer who would like to gain experience as a creative director, so that you can move up in the field of design and command higher salaries? Are you an experienced creative director who wants more freedom and flexibility than typical in-house Creative Director roles provide? Or, are you a freelance creative director who would like more consistent work? Do you love working from home wherever that may be?
If you answered yes to any of the above questions, read on! We’re seeking a person like you to free up our Creative Director to focus on taking our business to the next level. We have been consistently turning away potential clients and projects due to our Creative Director being at maximum workload, and are hoping you can step in start managing projects so we can increase our bandwidth.
We are looking for someone who has a background in graphic design to manage designers and design projects, but you won’t be doing the design yourself per se – you will be working closely with our designers to ensure that the final design product is of high quality.
Right now, we’re a small team of 5 spread throughout the world working for US based clients helping them sell their products and services. We create online and offline marketing campaigns and collateral that help our clients make more money, with a focus on online marketing campaigns. Some of our work can be viewed at http://www.getnirvana.com/
Your initial hours will be low while we onboard additional clients and projects to fill your plate - only about 5 hours per week and increasing from there. If you are willing and able to help on-board new clients and win new accounts, this increase in hours will happen more quickly.
Your job as Associate Creative Director will be to manage design and development projects. We are looking for someone who can meet with clients, determine their needs, collaborate with Nirvana team members to come up with a plan to meet those needs, and then translate that plan into instructions to in-house designers, developers, and copywriters. You job will be to make sure project deliverables and timelines are set, met and continually exceed expectations.
Summary of Key Responsibilities:
• Meet with clients to determine their needs and come up with strategies to help meet those needs
• Scope and define deliverables for an engagement
• Respond to client and internal emails and requests in a timely manner – within 2 business hours or less
• Collaborate with team members to come up with cost estimates and bids and present these to clients
• Manage client expectations
• Assign team members and contractors to tasks, provide design and creative direction
• Review deliverables to ensure they meet requirements, facilitate revisions and other necessary actions if they do not
• Quality check all design work prior to client/stakeholder review (proof, edit, oversee revisions if necessary)
• Must be available 9 AM to 5 PM Mountain Standard Time
• 5+ years of experience producing effective advertising campaigns and marketing collateral
• Strong grasp of marketing principles – positioning, etc.understanding of effective marketing copy and design
• Understanding of online marketing campaign conversion optimization and online marketing best practices
• Project estimating skills
• Ability to give clear instruction to designers, excellent design project management skills
Required equipment or software:
• reliable computer with reliable Internet access
• Adobe creative suite – Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, etc.
• ability to make and receive calls from US phone number
• quiet space where you can make and receive phone calls from clients
Please apply with the following:
1. A link to your personal graphic design portfolio
1a. Highlight or send us specific links to relevant online marketing and marketing-related work samples (if available)
1b. Kindly send us links to projects that you provided creative direction on (if available)
2. Tell us about your relevant past work experience and why it is relevant to this position
3. Please start your cover letter or reply with the words “Mary had a little lamb”
4. Your answer to the following questions:
4a. What are the keys to ensuring that clients are satisfied while making sure projects are profitable for the agency?
4b. Tell us about a time when a client was unsatisfied, a project was in danger of not being completed by the deadline, or other problem cropped up in a project you were involved with and how you resolved the situation.
4c. What are the keys to creating a landing page the converts well?
4d. Tell us about your relevant online marketing experience.
4e. Tell us about the experience, qualifications, and personal attributes that you have that will help you do a great job as Associate Creative Director at Nirvana.