Chief Operating Officer (COO)
Chief Operating Officer (COO)
Total Web Deal, a young, ambitious startup in the IT industry covering all sectors in the industry ( Development, Design, Marketing, Hosting, Support and Translations) is seeking an experienced leader to be a key part of a management team that is driving spectacular growth in an exciting industry.
The central office of Total Web Deal is located in The Netherlands but all our executives and staff members form their homes, making this a 100% virtual position.
As COO, you will drive results by unleashing creativity and accountability in a performance-oriented culture among a group of diverse and talented individuals. Your experience with other fast-growing IT companies will help you craft efficient and effective systems for the entire organization while taking direct responsibility for finance, recruiting, operations and administrative functions of the business.
This job requires strong analytical and technical abilities and demands fast, but carefully thought-out results. Strong leadership and control of the work process from beginning to end are necessary.
The job centers around developing new ideas, systems and technology, and also analyzing and improving on old ones. A high level of expertise is expected and the ability to spot and correct errors is important.
Work must be done right and quickly, while always focusing on accomplishing the goal and demanding the highest quality work from co-workers and subordinates.
Reporting to the CEO, the COO will lead all internal operations and will have the following responsibilities:
Manage and direct company operations to meet budget and other financial goals.
• Develop, establish, and direct the execution of operating policies to support overall company objectives.
• Working in partnership with the management team, create a strategic two-year plan and implement new processes and approaches to achieve it.
• Lead the performance management process that measures and evaluates progress against goals.
• Oversee all administrative functions, ensuring smooth daily operations.
• Oversee risk management and legal activities: client contracts, partnership agreements, leases, and other legal documents.
• Manage and oversee all financial and business planning activities, including:
o Direct and administer all financial plans
o Oversees business policies and accounting practices
o Review and analyze financial reports
o Lead and support organizational budgeting processes.
• Manage and oversee the human-resource function, including:
o Recruitment, hiring and compensation
o Benefits administration and oversight
o Professional training and development, including new employee orientation
o Retention strategies.
• Must have a minimum of 5+ years of strong operational experience: ideally has worked in a senior management role for 2+ years. Experience working for a IT-based company is preferred.
• Demonstrated experience in financial planning and analysis with previous experience overseeing human resources, information technology, and legal.
• Skills should include organizational development, personnel management, budget and resource development, and strategic planning.
• Excellent people skills, with an ability to partner with a dynamic leadership team.
• Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and commitment to the mission of Total Web Deal
• Flexible and able to multi-task; can work within an ambiguous, fast-moving environment, while also driving toward clarity and solutions; demonstrated resourcefulness in setting priorities and guiding investment in people and systems.
To apply, email a resume and cover letter (please include a salary requirement) through oDesk.
About Total Web Deal:
TWD is a conglomerate of six different IT companies, each with their own management and unique marketing strategies. On behalf of the six companies, TWD is managing and controlling a lucrative, simultaneous affiliate program, and their executive staff is supervising the independent divisions.
Skills: marketing, management, leadership, benefits, administration, training, analysis, operations-management