Photo Image Research
Closed - This job posting has been filled and work has been completed.
I am looking for a smart, detailed-oriented person with a good understanding of photographic images, a good eye for aesthetics, and familiarity with musical performers to research and collect high-resolution images of thousands of performing artists and bands.
The process is quite simple, so let's take for example the band "Linkin Park":
Search for "Linkin Park" with quotes in Google Image search, and set the results to display only images larger than 1024x768 pixels:
The image that you collect must fit the following criteria:
1. The highest-resolution image as possible
2. The image cannot have any logos, watermarks, or text of any kind
3. The faces of all the artists have to be in focus. The following is an unsatisfactory example of such an image, as you can see three of the band members' faces are not in focus:
4. For images of multiple musicians, the image should have some reasonable space between the image border and the faces of all the artists. This is so that we will be able to crop the image to different aspect ratios without cutting out any of the artists' faces and without having to add black borders.
4a. Unsatisfactory example: The following image has satisfactory high-resolution, but not enough space between all the artists' faces and the image border:
4b. Satisfactory example: The following example is an image that has both satisfactory high-resolution, and satisfactory space between all the artists' faces and the image border:
4c. Satisfactory example (single artist): The following is a satisfactory example for images of a single artist:
5. It is preferred that the image is not purely black & white, but instead in some type of color.
6. Use your refined eye for aesthetics to choose the best-looking image that you can find that satisfies all of the above criteria.
In order to qualify for this job, you must pass the following test:
1. Download the following ZIP file:
2. Research and collect the images for 5 musical artists, download and rename the image files accordingly, and fill in the spreadsheet accordingly.
3. Compress the XLS and image files into a single ZIP file, and name it in the following format:
image_collection_test_[your first name]_[your last name].zip
For example, if your name is "Joe Smith", then you would name the file:
Respond to me with your completed ZIP file. If you complete the test successfully, then you will be contracted to collect images for thousands of artists and bands.
Finally, to be considered for this job, you must type the words "I HAVE READ THE PROMPT" in all caps at the very beginning of your application reply. If you do not do this, we will automatically reject you.
Skills: research, test