This job is open to US based contractors only with the ideal candidate located in the Portland, Maine area.
The Junior Analyst is responsible for providing day to day project management support for primary and secondary market research studies. The Junior Analyst is also responsible for supporting the office coordination and Analyst with client communications.
1. Participate in internal kick-off meetings
2. Draft and/ or help assure the quality of web, telephone and in-person based surveys, screeners and
3. Coordinate with Field Services team to get all data collection processes in place
4. Work with Field Services team to receive all relevant and complete data sets in a timely manner
5. Edit draft reports, verify accuracy of initial statistical analysis and review findings
6. Conduct analysis, interpret results and prepare report findings
7. Assist with the preparation and delivery of weekly project updates, reporting on risks, troubleshooting
potential issues, accomplishments and next steps
8. Maintain client relations and assist Analyst with all client communications
9. Assist with monitoring and updating all project management tools
10. Maintain confidentiality of company and employee information
11. Assist with general office coordination
12. Responsible for maintaining a safe and healthy working environment, and to take reasonable care of
their own health and safety at work and of all other staff
13. Perform other related duties and support staff in assigned project-based work as required
• Bachelor’s degree is required. Study concentration in social sciences, business, marketing or mathematics is preferred
• Experience with survey research project management (1 to 2 years in an agency setting preferred)
• Must have thorough understanding of descriptive statics both theoretical and applied.
• An understanding of marketing principals (e.g. calls to action, branding, and conversion drivers) is
• Must have a demonstrated ability to problem solve
• Must have intermediate to advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office products: Word, Excel, and
Working Conditions / Physical Demands:
• Normally seated with freedom of movement on a regular basis, operating office machines and handling light materials and supplies
• May spend extended periods operating desktop computer, requiring hand-eye coordination and finger dexterity; and communicating face-to-face, on the telephone, video conference calls (i.e. Skype) and in writings
• Periodic physical activity requires walking, climbing, bending, standing, pushing, pulling, lifting and stooping
• Physical surrounding vary from typical office environment to periods of work traveling to and from client locations, subject to all weather conditions in various locations
This job description is not intended to be and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of all the responsibilities, skills or working conditions associated with the position. While it is intended to accurately reflect the position activities and requirements, Portland Marketing Analytics reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties and assign other duties as necessary.
External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who become disabled as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, must be able to perform the essential job functions (as listed here) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by management on a case by case basis.
Skills: management, research, analysis, troubleshooting, marketing, mathematics, video