Position Summary: Reporting to the CFO, the Controller will be responsible for oversight of all finance, accounting and reporting activities. They will work closely with the Key Management Team.
The Controller will lead all day-to-day finance operations and supervise a team of 11 staff members including functional responsibility over accounting, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, financial reporting and budgeting. The Controller will ensure the systems and procedures are in place to support all business functions. The Controller will work closely the Key Management Team (KMT) and their staffs, not only to educate them regarding finance and accounting procedures but also to explore how the finance function can support the operation of the business and better integrate finance, HR, and IT functions.
Controller Job Duties:
• Prepares budgets by establishing schedules; collecting, analyzing, and consolidating financial data; recommending plans.
• Provides status of financial condition by collecting, interpreting, and reporting financial data.
• Prepares special reports as required by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
• Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements filing financial reports; advising management on needed actions.
• Completes operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees and following up..
• Maintains financial staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees and job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
• Guides financial decisions by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing policies and procedures.
• Protects assets by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing internal controls.
• Monitors and confirms financial condition by conducting audits; providing information to external auditors.
• Work with the KMT to minimize working capital and maximizes cash flow
• Protects operations by keeping financial information and plans confidential.
• Contributes to team effort by assisting team members as needed.
• BS/BA in accounting, MBA preferred
• CPA or equivalent
• 7-10 years experience in accounting with 3-5 years in the controller position
• Excellent skills with Microsoft Office, especially Excel
• Excellent accounting software skill, experience with SAP
• Strong leadership, interpersonal and management skills
• Team player
• Good oral and written communication skills, experience in effectively communicating key data