Mechanical drafter/designer - Machine design, SolidWorks, GD&T - Design and/or drafting
I'm a consulting mechanical engineer specializing in precision machine design, ranging in size from optomechanical mechanisms in handheld medical devices to ultra-wide format printers. It's great and interesting work, and I consider myself fortunate to make my living from it.
I have ongoing projects for multiple clients, as well as internal projects. You will help me to satisfy my clients' design requirements and project schedule by providing design and/or services, with my assistance and guidance. Depending on your ability and experience, these services may include:
- Drafting/detailing of parts using well thought out dimensioning schemes and GD&T that communicate design intent and functional requirements
- Drafting of assembly drawings and creation of Bills of Material. Creation of logical, informative exploded views of assemblies.
- Part design, given design constraints and requirements from me, mating components and assemblies, and space claims.
- Assembly design, given design constraints and requirements, mating components and assemblies, and space claims.
- Mechanism design
You must provide examples of designs you have worked on that include mechanisms/motion and/or complex assemblies.
I am looking to develop long term relationships with one or more designers. I need designers who can provide 15-40 hours/week regularly, in blocks of at least 4 hours at a time. You must be able to work during the week, although not necessarily "regular" business hours; weekends are fine in addition. You must be able to communicate in real time - Skype or GoToMeeting - at least twice a week during daylight hours, UTC-4 (New York City time).
To be considered for this position, you must fill out the form at https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1y
In addition, you MUST supply the following examples of your work, at a minimum:
- Two moderately to highly complex parts modeled in SolidWorks
- Two moderately to highly complex detail drawings
- An assembly modeled in SolidWorks
At the moment, this job requires that you have access to SolidWorks 2013 Professional or SolidWorks 2013 Premium (non-student edition). The Professional or Premium package is required because you will need the PDM Workgroup client to access project files.