1) Confer with sales and management
executives or with clients in order to
discuss design ideas.
2) Determine prices for styles.
3) Develop a group of products and/or
accessories, and market them through venues
such as boutiques or mail-order catalogs.
4) Direct and coordinate workers involved
in drawing and cutting patterns and
constructing samples or finished garments.
5) Identify target markets for designs,
looking at factors such as age, gender, and
6) Provide sample garments to agents and
sales representatives, and arrange for
showings of sample garments at sales
meetings or fashion shows.
7) Purchase new or used clothing and
accessory items as needed to complete
8) Read scripts and consult directors and
other production staff in order to develop
design concepts and plan productions.
9) Research the styles and periods of
clothing needed for film or theatrical