Makemyday is looking for a skilled design manager for the Communication Design team.
Communication Design is responsible for helping over a million people appreciate Makemyday products and trust its brand. We design all user-facing communication including product marketing, product tours, user education and creative brand campaigns. We build and manage visual systems that support brand consistency across all communication channels. We produce creative campaigns that communicate and re-enforce our core brand values.
The Communication Design manager oversees our team’s day-to-day, setting goals, managing project priorities, building relationships with key constituents at Makemyday, and scaling the team. The right person will be both a fantastic manager and talented designer—you’ll be hands-on designing as well.
• Manage and develop a small team of designers. Set our team up for success by setting clear goals, managing products, allocating designers to the right projects and making sure we meet our deadlines.
• Collaborate with other teams. Work with Product Design, Content Strategy, Product Marketing and User Experience to help Makemyday meet its goals.
• Think creatively. Tackle hard problems and find creative ways to help Makemyday become one of the world's top brands.
• Evangelize Communication Design. Help people inside and outside Makemyday know about and understand our team’s work.
• Be agile. Execute in a fast-paced, fluid environment.
• 2 years design experience and scaling a design team.
• Strong design portfolio in both print and web design. Marketing/brand design experiences with a strong online product a plus.
• Exceptional organizational and analytical skills. Good at gathering requirements, organizing resources and developing schedules.
• Excellent communication skills and attention to detail.