CSV/Excel to XML Conversion
Closed - This job posting has been filled and work has been completed.
We receive 3 different types of excel files that come from our administrators. These files contains structured and unstructured "data tables" in worksheets, that are hard to process and needs to be converted to XML files in order to be used by our internal systems.
The job is to build XML schemas and file converters (in C#) for each of those files.
- Must build one XML per file;
- XML should be build using LinqToXSD (http://linqtoxsd.codeplex.com/);
- The converter must extracts all data from all worksheets to the XML file.
- The elements / attributes must represent the "table layout" of the data (Ex: if a table has a header "Asset Name", the XML element must be something like <AssetName />, instead of something like <Row />);
- The excel files may have multiple sheets;
- Each worksheet may have different "table layouts". This must be mapped to different elements in the same XML;
- The usage of open source solutions like FileHelpers and NPOI are welcome.
We have a sample solution with what is expected to be delivered. In this solution, we've done some parts of the converters and some parts of the schemas to make things even simpler to understand.
If you're interested in this job, send us a message and we'll send you the sample solution so then you can see the details of the implementation.
We'll choose the candidate based on their experience with linq-to-xsd and excel files.
The job will only be considered complete once all converters and schemas are approved.
If you have any questions, please feel free to send us a message.