Editor for 54 short stories (approx. 60,000 words)
Closed - This job posting has been filled and work has been completed.
I am looking for someone to edit 54 short stories. They are already written and need a proofreader to look over them and correct errors. I also need the stories put in proper story form. The stories will range on average from 800-1200 words a piece. To be safe, I would say 60,000 words. I will also need someone with creative writing skills that can add a little zest to the stories. I will need all the characters name's changed to something more fun, silly, and catchy (These stories are intended for children that will range in age from 2-8).
1. Must speak English as a 1st language
2. Must be VERY efficient and knowledgeable about grammar and correct story writing format
3. Must be creative and be able to have a playful writing style
Let's review what your tasks will be:
1. Edit 54 stories (making sure all grammar is correct and in proper story form)
2. Add or enhance colorful adjectives/themes/elements to the stories while keeping the same premise of the story
3. Change the name of all characters (must be creative and playful names)
*If you submit for this job and would like to be considered for hire you MUST answer the following questions:
1. Tell me your writing or proofreading experience.
2. How long will it take you to complete this job?
3. Why should I hire you?
4. What is your quote for the job?
5. Insert a 100 word creative blurb about space aliens. (I will read it to my nephew. If he laughs, your chances for hire increase)