Product Manager Wanted for U.S.-China Online Social Network Based in Beijing
The Golden Bridges Foundation is looking for a tech savvy, entrepreneurial and energetic Product Manager to join our fast-paced and growing team.
ProjectPengyou.org is a social network with a mission to build a global community of young Ambassadors to strengthen the US-China relationship. Conceived as the alumni network of President Obama’s 100,000 Strong Initiative, the platform seeks to connect and serve alumni of over 100 groups that facilitate exchanges between the United States and China.
We are seeking a Product Manager that is strategic and analytical, with a hands-on approach to problem solving and implementation. Our ideal candidate is someone who believes strongly in our missions, understands firsthand the perspective of users, is naturally an early adopter of new online and mobile products, and can thus articulate what makes a web or mobile product successful.
The Product Manager plays a crucial role on the team as the key driver of ProjectPengyou.org’s online development lifecycle. He/she will work directly with the CEO to ensure our site enables and empowers users to contribute meaningful content and build a robust online community.
The Product Manager will work closely with the CEO and the tech lead to drive the product management cycle of ProjectPengyou.org which includes the following steps:
- Product Research & Analysis – Conduct user / product research and strategic analysis of user needs to propose new features for ProjectPengyou.org
- Design – Create comprehensive design specifications, wireframes, mockups and other documentation as needed to articulate details of desired product changes to the tech team
- Develop – Consistently solve problems and track progress of tech development so as to launch new features on time and within specs. This includes product quality testing prior to launch, and aligning launch times with efforts of the content and marketing team
- Launch & Measure – Measure user engagement and business KPIs to inform further analysis and design.
- Document – Manage systematic documentation of the entire product development lifecycle
- Conversational in English and Chinese, preferably with English as a native language
- Is able to learn quickly and is not intimidated by new challenges
- Extremely logical and strategic in thinking, is able to analyze business and user needs in order to create alignment through product design
- Highly organized with attention to detail
- Excellent communications skills – including verbal, written, and presentation.
- Ability to work well in a Chinese and international team
- Social media savvy; habitual user of online and mobile technology
- Good sense of user needs, product usability and design
- Able to use MS Excel as an analytical and data management tool
- Degree from a 4-year university
- Based in Beijing, but able to travel to Hainan and the US as needed
- Computer Science degree or other technical background
- Photoshop skills
- Product management experience in a tech startup environment
- 3 or more years of professional work experience
- Marketing and other business-related experience
- Project management experience