Ruby on Rails Developer for a Real Estate web Application.
Closed - This job posting has been filled and work has been completed.
We are looking for an experienced Rails developer to start and build a Real Estate application.
This is the first of many iterations that will build out a full application to be deployed mid- to late 2013.
This iteration will serve as a proof of skills for the chosen contractor.
Looking for a contractor that can draw upon past experience to make reccomendations on the design approach.
- Ability to estimate required work hours given detailed requirements
- Able to demonstrate and present the solution to the client
- Experience developing web applications with the ruby on rails framework
-Solid understanding of SQL
- Ability to communicate effectively in english
- Must be available and able to respond to requests within 24 hours
- Must be able to video chat on Skype or Google Hangout
- Must have experience working in an agile approach (we use Pivotal Tracker)
- Integrity and reliability is an absolute key factor to continued contracts (do you DO what you SAY you're going to WHEN you say your going to do it?)
- Must have verifiable identification
Suggested Application Questions:
1. How many years experience do you have with Rails?
2. List some apps built in RoR that you've developed. Have you developed for mobile?
3. Give some examples of how you got along with your remote clients, problems you had and how you solved them.
4. Provide the hours that you are available relative to Toronto, Canada time.
5. What online tests have you done to prove your skills?
Skills: design, english, video, agile