We are looking for a seasoned Lead/Senior Developer, who wants to make an impact by helping set the tone for the Rails development efforts within a small but rapidly growing team.
Skills & Requirements
We are looking for a talented engineer with most, if not all, of the following skills:
• Has strong design and development experience of at least 4 years on the Rails framework.
• Familiar with Agile methodologies using PivotalTracker
• Can quickly learn new technologies and has worked on complex web projects.
• Thrives in fast-paced environment by using agile methodologies.
• Enjoys mentoring junior developers on the team.
• Understands MVC pattern, TDD and BDD to the core.
We have a functioning alpha stage site and the underlying database and engine. Several functionalities have to be completed or added. UI and page mock ups will be supplied.
1. Total project length: 1 month, full time
2. Registration, login, remember me, forgot password, Facebook connect: these are completed, however they are buggy and will have to either be redone or debugged and completed – whichever is faster. Time estimate 2-5 days
3. Search and results: This has to be completed and the supplied algorithems implemented to optimize the results. 3—4 days
4. SEO: implement a script to take out articles such as “the” and substandard characters out of the URL and implement static URLs and meta title/description. 2-3 days.
5. Automated emails: Add new email templates via third party email services to prompt users to specific actions after they register. 3 days
6. Functionalities: add 2 functionalities: Apply, accept. 3 days
7. Payment: payment gateway is set up. It needs to be completed and tested. 3 days
8. Cross browser, load balancing, testing, debugging. 3-5 days
Thank you in advance for your interest