CDC DEVELOPMENT SOLUTIONS (CDS), an NGO based in Washington, DC, will be managing an international corporate volunteer program in Shanghai, China scheduled to take place from July 6 to August 3, 2013, with preparation work commencing in March 2013.
CDS is seeking a seasoned consultant, currently residing in Shanghai to help to design the program as well as to provide project and logistical support to the selected team of corporate volunteers.
The selected consultant’s main responsibilities will include, but may not be limited to, the following:
• Identify and select local clients (NGOs, Govt. NGOs, small businesses, Universities, etc.) and develop scopes of work (SOWs) reflecting the specific areas of intervention they solicited;
• Participate in weekly conference calls, in English, with corporate volunteers;
• Coordinate the Welcome and Final Event(s) for volunteer groups and participating clients;
• Assist in procuring accommodations and transportation for volunteers in Shanghai as needed on arrival and for the duration of their stay;
• Orient new corporate volunteers upon arrival in Shanghai;
• Manage assignment, work, and travel logistics for volunteers while they are in Shanghai;
• Act as the on-the-ground interface between CDS, and our partners in Shanghai;
• Act as a logistical and informational resource for volunteers and troubleshoot on problems they may face;
• Correspond with CDS headquarters program staff and other stakeholders to assure satisfaction on the part of the volunteers and our partners;
• Monitor and advise on security arrangements for volunteers when they are in Shanghai;
• Participate in the regular evening meetings with corporate volunteers;
• Prepare Shanghai-related guides and guidance for team reports.
• Prepare financial and final program reports.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
• Currently residing in Shanghai;
• Degree in international relations, communications, project management, organizational development, NGO management, or related;
• Experience in project management and in leading multicultural groups;
• Familiar with local business community and relations with local governments;
• Detailed oriented and people oriented;
• Experience leading and organization international teams;
• Experience with group security and travel logistics and coordination thereof;
• Exposure and experience in NGO sector a plus;
• Native Chinese speaker (Shanghai dialect a plus) with excellent proficiency in English and;
• Interest in sustainable development and Corporate Social Responsibility.
Skills: design, english, management, csr