Personal Finance Assistant Needed
Closed - This job posting has been filled and work has been completed.
Open to your ideas if you have a better one, I've included a l of detail just to describe this at a high level. I need a very simple system to track my family basic personal finance information due to extremely limited time constraints.
Currently we utilize the 'envelope system' and use a web program called EEBA (http://www.eebacanhelp.com) on our phones when we make purchases, but the struggle starts when reconciling this back with all of our bank statements to see if someone forgot to enter a transaction.
Really what I want at the end of the day is to use EEBA in addition to a simple reporting process as follows:
1) Email a Virtual Assistant (VA) .CSV transaction log file from EEBA.
2) Email VA the .CSV transaction files from our bank accounts
3) Have VA reconcile the two for missing transactions
4) Have VA enter data transaction into an excel report
5) Have VA send 'Balance' report back showing the current balance of Envelopes vs Accounts (roughly thinking excel tab with Column A having the 'Envelope' names, Row 1 have the account names, Column B having the amounts of Account 1 in each envelope and a subtotal of Account 1 on the bottom. Continuing this in each extra column right and ending with a 'Total' column for each envelope. Adding the Total column up would be the same total as all the accounts summed up.
6) Have VA send 'Spending' report back showing the 'Envelope' amount spent vs month of the current year. Potentially have all the months of the current year in columns with 'Year-to-Date Total' in the farthest right column.
I could got into more data detail, and have ideas of showing monthly budgeted vs actual spent. Or potential forecasting. I am open to further ideas, but want to keep it simple to start to have success and build on it from there if necessary. I currently envision sending over files 1 to 2 times per month and paying for each time these files are processed in an ongoing relationship.
If this is successful there may be additional work in the future.
If you are interested, I am posting a rough example attached below.