Virtual Assistant Needed for Editor-in Chief of Popular Blog/Google News Site
Closed - This job posting has been filled and work has been completed.
We are looking for an individual who can serve as a virtual assistant for our Editor-in-Chief at a major blog/Google News site.
This VA position requires large amounts of research and data entry. For example, we may need you to do research on a person of interest or an event that we plan to profile on our site. We may also need you to research and gather contacts based on certain criteria that we give you. Then we may also need you to contact those same contacts.
Certain assignments will also require transcribing information into word documents as well as excel documents.
This position also requires you to be familiar with Wordpress/HTML as you will be required to write occasional blog posts regarding certain news trends and updates. Training will be provided but huge bonus for those applying who already have this experience.
Position also requires virtual assistant to implement SEO tactics for a specific list of keywords and Google trends. You also will be required to manage and post links in forums relating to our niche.
Your daily tasks will be (but not limited to):
- Scheduling, calendar management
- Email management
- Social Media Profile Manager
- Follow up and updates with various projects/employees or contractors
- Maintain, update, and submit weekly or monthly reports
- Various typical assistant/admin tasks
- Minor or miscellaneous tasks
- May require some phone calls
- Article writing & spinning
- Blog Editing, which includes Grammar checks as well
- Article submission to article directories
- Blog commenting & social bookmarking
- Making phone calls
- Proper English written, verbal, and grammar skills
- Wordpress Blog Posting
- Able to talk on Skype (with Mic and headset) on Occasion
- Prior experience using The Best Spinner software and article submissions
- Send us daily work reports
We will provide a list of weekly and daily tasks and all associated documentation etc. to undertake the role.
And again you WILL be required to make occasional phone calls from time to time and therefore your English must be perfect. No exceptions!
And I must repeat again that you must have great handling of the US English language. You'll be doing some grammar check for some of our works. No exceptions!
When applying, in addition to your resume, please tell us:
1) Your location & timezone
2) Wordpress Blog Experience (Include Links to your Work) plus tell me number of years that you have been blogging
3) What time of computer do you have?
4.) Tell me about other similar jobs that you have done that's part of the daily tasks list that I outlined above and include references if possible.
If you do not include these answers with your application, we will delete it as we want to hire a VA that can follow instructions.
I will need you to be on Skype or Odesk's time tracker while you are working on tasks so I can see that you are working at first until we can build a little trust.
You will be required to log hours done on odesk.
Skills: research, training, management