Create a setup using WiX toolkit
Closed - This job posting has been filled and work has been completed.
1. The setup will have to create a specific directory hierarchy in a specified location.
2. It will need to install desktop based software in one of the subdirectories.
3. The setup will also install a Windows service on the system.
4. A file will be copied to 32 bit/64 bit System folder type of OS.
5. We'll need to add a few registry entries. An existing registry entry will have to be modified.
6. Two custom UI screens are also needed to be included in this project.
a. One screen will connect to a website over https and verify certain credentials. If credentials verification fails, an error will be displayed and installation will fail.
b. Second screen will verify is supplied domain credentials are correct or not. If the credentials are incorrect, the installation will fail.
7. The setup must run only on a Windows Domain Controller machine.
A setup based on Visual Studio installer projects, capable of doing most of the above quotes is already present and working. Now we need a better version that meets our requirements well.