As a Team Lead (TL) you will own and drive data projects and provide leadership for a group of English and/or bilingual judgement contributors. You will be responsible for the overall planning, execution and success of the projects. In this role you will need to pay attention to details, have superior time management skills, and be able to juggle multiple projects while meeting strict deadlines. You will perform a variety of tasks including, but not limited to, coordinating all resources and stakeholders; setting deadlines; assigning responsibilities; and monitoring, summarizing and communicating the progress of the project.
* Run projects on a day-to-day basis.
* Monitor and report on progress of the project to all stakeholders.
* Efficiently and competently manage issues and problems.
* Conduct performance evaluations.
* Develop and write guidelines for data projects.
* Hire and train new contributors.
* BS degree preferred with a strong academic record.
* Must be fluent in English AND Arabic.
* At least 1 year experience in a lead and/or managerial capacity.
* Experience with research and data entry projects.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Good analytical and problem-solving skills, and an aptitude for technical concepts.
* History of successful project management engagements.
* Able to learn and apply new technologies.
a) Take the Odesk Readiness Test for Independent Contractors
b) Take the Odesk U.S. English Basic Skills Test and the translation skills test
c) Attach their most recent resume
d) Answer the following questions:
1. Have you worked in a Team Lead role before? Tell us a bit about this experience.
2. Describe the project or situation that best demonstrates your analytic abilities. What was your role?
3. Using a specific example, tell us how you kept those involved in your projects informed of the progress.
4. What are the languages that you speak? (self-assess reading, writing, listening and speaking capabilities)
5. What are your regular work commitments? How many hours do these commitments take in a day?
The selection and screening process requires potential candidates to undergo a series of online evaluations to gauge their fit for the position. Upon successful completion of the evaluation exercises and interviews with us, selected candidates will be hired and paid hourly for long term projects.
Skills: leadership, english, management, research, test