Good morning, people! Please read carefully. If you fit ALL of my requirements (the ones I list below AND the oDesk req's), I'd love to talk with you. If you're missing even 1 of them, I'm sorry, but I know exactly what I need.
I run a vehicle graphics shop, StoneWaterGraphics.com. I do vehicle wraps (cars, trucks, trailers, buses, golf carts, things with wheels) as well as window, wall, and floor graphics. Here's what I need:
1. Skills: Must be VERY fluent with Photoshop AND Illustrator. -->BOTH<--
2. Availability: After you're hired you must be available to 1) talk with me via PHONE between 9AM and 5PM CST, and 2) deliver finished print files when ->I<- need them.
3. Talent: I don't need Picasso, but you need to have a creative bone in your body sufficient to produce the type of commercial graphics I need. See my website. If you don't have samples of that type of design work, or something VERY similar, we're probably not a good fit. So,...
4. Experience: You'll need portfolio samples of previous work you've done that will convince me that you may just be the b-to-b commercial-type designer I'm looking for. ->Please include your portfolio samples in your oDesk profile, and don't attach them to separate notes and emails. That makes things very difficult.
(Preferred images would include vehicle wraps, cut vinyl design work, window graphics, floor and wall graphics, if you have them. Just prove to me that you can design something a biz owner would be proud of, and that you can design something to fit his brand, given the proper specs.)
IMPORTANT: it is NOT necessary that you have vehicle wrap experience. If your portfolio indicates you have the design flair needed, and meet all of my other requirements, I can quickly teach you how to lay out the wrap designs.
5. Work Ethic: Must be able to a) complete a "1-Hour design project" in 1-Hour!!, a 3-Hour project in 3-Hours, etc., and b) follow instructions.
If you tend to turn simple things into "major projects" that ruin the client's project budget, you're not gonna fit my needs. And total "design-mavericks" ought to look elsewhere. As long as your creative flair fits in the parameters I specify, we're good.
6. Technology: Obviously, you must have your own RELIABLE computer setup, with high-speed internet access, and phone service (even if it's only Skype calls).
SUMMARY: If you're fluent in Photoshop and Illustrator, available to talk with me as needed during regular business hours after you're hired, can create professional b-to-b designs according to my instructions, have RELEVANT portfolio samples you can show me, can complete work in the time-frame in which I need it done for both budget and production schedule purposes, and have the necessary equipment, then we need to talk.
This is a permanent gig. If you meet all the specs clearly listed, apply and I will respond immediately so we can set up a PHONE interview. Please make sure your portfolio samples are included in your profile when you apply.
I'm looking forward to hearing from you!