Network Attack Report and Memo creating
Closed - This job posting has been filled and work has been completed.
1. PART A
Use the internet to search for the latest network attacks. You may want to visit security vendor sites, like Symantec or McAfee or security research sites such as SANS to find the latest information.
Write in your own words a report, minimum of 500 words.
Report should cover the following information:
• What are the new network attacks this month? [3 marks]
• How does it affect the network? [5 marks]
• How did the attack exploit the network vulnerability? [5 marks]
• Provide references [2 marks]
2. PART B
You are working for North Sydney Security Consultants (NSC). NSC has been approached by an educational institute, Academies Australasia, to help them move their servers to virtualized environment and also to provide security for these virtual systems. NCS has asked you to help them with this project.
1. Create a memo to the chief technology officer of Academies Australasia that outlines the security threats against virtualized machines, and what defenses can be implemented. The memo should be at least one page in length. (5 marks)
2. Academies Australasia is still uneasy about the security risks for their organization if they move to a virtualized machine environment. They specifically want to implement VMware’s solutions, and have asked you to research VMware products and identify the virtual security offerings that they provide. They also asked for your opinion as to the strength of these offerings.
Write a one-page analysis of VMware security and give your informed opinion regarding strength of these products. (10 marks)