Information and contact details retrieval from UK university websites
Closed - This job posting has been filled and work has been completed.
I need a competent web researcher to conduct the following;
1) Visit this page to find the official university websites for every UK university: http://www.ucas.com/students/choos
2) For each university on the list search for a page on the website which talks about Student discounts. The best way to do this is to run a search like this in Google :
"student discount" site:gla.ac.uk
3) Select the page on the university website which talks about student discounts, for example this page: http://www.gla.ac.uk/international
4) On each university where you find a page about student discounts find the email address where the website can be contacted. This should not be the general university address. For example on the gla.ac.uk example you would visit the contact page at http://www.gla.ac.uk/about/contact
5) If no email address is available provide the link or a contact webform, or failing that a telephone number
6) All data should be recorded in a spreadsheet with these columns;
Name of university
URL of student discount page
Contact details i.e. email or URL of webform
Please provide your quote for completing the above process for each UK university listed on the ucas.com website.
PLEASE NOTE: We don't expect a 100% success rate as some universities don't have relevant pages, however if we suspect a valid effort hasn't be made to find a page or contact details we won't be able to pay for the job. The job will be awarded to multiple people to ensure data accuracy.
Please start your application by writing "I have read and understood this job" in the first sentence to show you have read the job ad to the end. Thank you.