Newspaper layout/production using Indesign CS6/CC
Closed - This job posting has been filled and work has been completed.
Every two weeks I publish a 16+ page micro-local newspaper in English. We are looking for people to help with the layout and production process. Articles, photos, columns and advertisements would be provided along with existing InDesign templates created by our senior production and layout artist. With these materials and guidance from the publisher and senior artist, you would produce one or more pages of the newspaper for eventual print. Estimated workload is 10-20 hours, Friday thru Sunday every two weeks.
See our prior issues at http://issuu.com/redhookobserver.
For qualified individuals, this could be a long-term position.
DO NOT APPLY UNLESS:
1) You are expert with InDesign - test preferred - and have InDesign CS6 or CC.
2) You must have reliable, high speed internet to allow for file sharing - I would like to use InCopy for collaboration eventually.
3) You have experience with newspaper-style creation in InDesign and can provide samples of your InDesign work.
4) You must be available to work on the weekends. Ad deadline is Thursday, content is completed on Friday and Saturday, delivery date of a high-quality PDF for the printer is Sunday evenings. Some articles are not complete until late Saturday final layout on Sunday.
5) You can read and speak English, preferably as a first language.