Excel to Browser conversion
Closed - This job posting has been filled.
I have an Excel workbook with 80 worksheets, of which 35 are visible to the user and 45 work in the background to assist with the calculations in various ways. There is no VBA or macros in the workbook.
We sell this as a commercial product, and one barrier to sales is the perception that this is "just a spreadsheet." I would like to offer to customers the ability to buy a browser version that would be offered using a Software as a Service (SaaS) model. I envision that the data would be stored in a database (MS Access or SQL Server?). The 35 front-end screens would need some UI design to make sure that they were both attractive and functional in the new environment. Deployment would be as a cloud service, or the software could be hosted by our customer at their site.
Deliverables would consist of:
1. Architectural approach (overview of technical approach);
2. Technical Requirement Specification, outlining any functional differences between the current spreadsheet behavior and the final product behavior. Acceptance testing will assume that the behavior must exactly match the spreadsheet except as outlined in this document.
3. User Interface Prototype: A fully functional user interface that appears to work from the user perspective but that uses dummy data and stubs. This version would be used by the sales team to begin selling the product.
4. Converted and tested application.
What I'm looking for now are your ideas as to approach; some information about your company; and an approximate cost or cost range, subject to verification after you see the spreadsheet.
Other open jobs by this client
- Fixed-Price – Web based UI Designer