Please reply with "MHJ" or else your application will be ignored.
MyHealthJourney’s vision is to be the very best and cutting-edge technology company in health and we are building a world-class development team to make this vision a reality.
As a senior lead developer, this is an exciting start-up opportunity to take the lead in driving the technology to success and make a difference to healthcare in Australia.
To qualify, you should be an incredibly talented programmer with a broad range of skills in the technical realm, have the ability to take on highly challenging technical projects, and deliver without much oversight.
You will initially be working on the backend, and should be comfortable with the entire technology stack of a web-based application and be able to contribute in any of the areas – database design, backend algorithms, and frontend implementation. Some of the technologies we use are Java, Spring, MySQL, Phonegap, Jquery mobile and Tomcat.
You should have worked with many or all of these technologies. Since you will be defining the process and standards for coding, testing and deployment, you must be highly proficient in the associated tools and technologies – source code control systems like SVN, build management tools like Ant and Maven, IDE plugins that make programmers more efficient, testing frameworks like JUnit. The ideal candidate is a natural pro at developing.
We also are looking for someone who can help guide the product vision and future teams performance. In this capacity excellent communications skills and affinity for mentoring/leadership are vital.
• Adapt the existing architecture of and build the core infrastructure for the MyHealthJourney’s product
• Participate in product vision/discussions and help define the roadmap
• Provide technical guidance and supervision to junior members of the development team
• Help define appropriate engineering processes for rapid and efficient delivery of the product
• Must have experience working in an Scrum/Agile environment (Scrum preferred)
• At least 5+ years experience with Java software development (includes Spring Core, Spring MVC, Hibernate, Maven, MySQL, Tomcat, Subversion etc.)
• Java 6 or above Certified
• Strong interest in solving challenging problems
• Exemplary communication (written and verbal) skills
• Experience in or passion for the health space is an also an advantage (but not necessary)
Other open jobs by this client
- Hourly – Virtual Assistant (Long-term)