Travel Website Content Editor
Closed - This job posting has been filled.
We're an established Las Vegas travel site (16 years) and expanding to other markets. As a content editor, you will:
* Manage the content of a travel website. We will provide the design and content, but basic HTML knowledge preferred to manipulate content on the site.
* Do brief re-writes on press releases and post them online. (Re-writes simply must pass CopyScape, although knowledge of SEO is helpful).
* View local news sites for that city and find news stories that you will link to that are of interest to tourists.
* Correspond with public relations companies to insure that they provide us the needed content.
* Post photos and links to social media that fit the above interests. Advanced photo skills not needed.
* Prepare a simple bi-weekly email newsletter using the above content. We will provide instructions and template.
In summary, this involves taking content that is already provided to us or researching news sites for content to link to, and putting it online and in a newsletter. This does not involve heavy original writing or product research.
Some knowledge of an interest in travel is helpful. (Even if you don't travel much, but you enjoy reading or watching travel related material, that is fine).
This position will be permanent part-time after a 5 hour per week (3-4 weeks) initial trail. It will then be 10 hours per week, guaranteed.
As we expand, hours will be increased. We are happy to give raises for great performance.
This job (the trial) will start around August 15-20, 2013 so that we may have the time to do a proper applicant search as this is a long-term position.
Because of the specific nature of this job, we would appreciate either samples of similar work or specific notes and samples on why you feel that you'd be qualified to do the job. Applications that do not include the above will be deleted.