Personal Assistant to Media Publisher
Closed - This job posting has been filled.
Dear Virtual Executive Assistant,
We need an administrative (expert level) person to serve as our executive assistant for our international parenting magazine. We are an up and coming media producer and international magazine for creative families.
1) You are a person of passion and verve.
2) You are a healthy and well adjusted individual.
3) You are a people person with well developed organizational skills.
4) You are self motivated and easy to work with.
5) You can think freely and act on your own initiative to get the job done.
6) Your well educated, well read, and love the idea of working with us.
7) You have impeccable phone skills to represent our company well.
8) You can follow direction well and also add value if we forget something.
9) You are a positive person wanting to grow your career and work with a hip, indie company.
10) You have developed the ability to write and communicate well.
11) You understanding the life of a young parent.
12) You have a positive 'can do' attitude.
Main 4 Duties include:
Setting up appointments for the publisher. Returning and fielding calls for interviews and assorted magazine business admin.
Updating and refreshing our leads list database as we go. Making sure our information is correct and updated. Regular scanning online to make sure our information is being well presented.
Manage our writer deadline submissions making sure the work flow is flowing on time.
4) SPECIAL PROJECTS
We do other special projects each year that will require your organizational skills. You will assist us in keeping our media production details well organized and our team well informed of call times, film shoot details and content delivery logistics.
We look forward to hearing from you. This is a special opportunity to grow with an up and coming media company, who just enjoyed 52 weeks on Apple Newsstand's top ten 'What's Hot' list in our parenting category. We now have subscribers in 32 countries.
We publish 6-times a year and your work would be assisting us behind the scenes in various projects on a monthly bases.
We are a happy 'nice' group of creative, seasoned media producers who are inspired and focused to make a difference in the lives of creative families.
This opportunity is NOT for edgy, gossipy or self absorbed type people. Your integrity must be impeccable. We love team players, with a great sense of humor, uber smart, who are also high achievers and would appreciate a healthy social-emotionally, happy, online work environment.
We will begin with a 3-hour a week job and grow from there if we are well aligned. For the sake of this application we start at $15 an hour. However if your a brilliant hire, then we can negotiate a win-win situation after the initial trail period.
Preference will be given to applicants in the USA, East Coast time, however we are looking for the right person first and foremost, and are open to international applicants that fit the right vibe of our company and qualifications!
The Journal for Creative Families
Master the art of parenting and the parenting of your art.