Business Development Manager
Business Development Manager
Closed - This job posting has been filled and work has been completed.
Nine Mile Management Consulting (NMCG) is a Canadian-based management consulting firm currently seeking an overseas Contractor/Professional to introduce businesses in the Greater Toronto Area to NMCG products and services. The Contractor will accomplish this via phone solicitation (cold calling).
*The Greater Toronto Area is defined as a region within the Province of Ontario to include the following cities: Toronto, North York, Vaughan, Mississauga, Oakville, Concord, Malton, Brampton, Richmond Hill, Markham, and Etobicoke.
*NMCG means Nine Mile Consulting Group
Employment of Contractor by NMCG is subject to the following conditions:
- NMCG exercises the right to have Contractor start each week with a 5 hour Odesk weekly limit. Weekly limit extensions (for a maximum of 23 hours/week) will be enacted under the provision that Contractor meets performance standards determined solely by NMCG Management. If performance standards are not met, according to in-house reviews undertaken by NMCG Management, NMCG holds the right to terminate Contractor at any time, and withhold Odesk weekly limit extensions, without cause. Said performance reviews will occur daily throughout Contractor’s term with NMCG.
- English speaking and writing fluency.
- US Accent
- Contractor must be able to make 100-150+ quality phone calls per work day.
- Contractor must be available to call between Monday and Friday from 10am and 4pm Eastern Standard Time (EST). Calling hours are 10am to 12pm and 1pm to 4pm Eastern Standard Time (EST) for a total of 5 hours/day from Monday to Thursday. Calling hours on Friday are 9am-12pm Eastern Standard Time (EST) for a total of 3 hours.
- Call/work hour terms are subject to change for new hires. This condition exists for qualification screening purposes.
- Contractor must have a working copy of Excel 2010 to be considered.
- Contractor must have Office 2010 to be considered.
- If Contractor doesn’t understand what to do, then Contractor must send a note to user ninemileco via Odesk for immediate assistance.
- Contractor must have their own phone line to make clear sounding outbound long distance calls. NMCG will not be making this provision.
Key Contact: Defined as one of the following: President, CFO (Chief Financial Officer), Financial Controller
Prospect has the same meaning as Key Contact
C-Level Executive: Defined as one of the following: President, CFO (Chief Financial Officer), Financial Controller
Receptive: Defined as a C-level Executive willing to receive email information (by sharing their email address) about Nine Mile Management Consulting services.
- Solicit C-level Executives within Toronto, Canada headquartered companies to promote our consulting services over the phone. Contractor will utilize a call-list as well as a custom-tailored script designed by NMCG. The script must be delivered during each phone correspondence.
- Record all pertinent information including full name(s) of the C-level contact(s), the contact(s) phone number including extension, contact(s) email address, level of interest (i.e. if they are very interested, somewhat interested, or not interested at all), and supporting notes i.e. “The President was very interested in receiving information because his/her company is expanding into new markets”. All of this information must be recorded in an Excel spreadsheet in proper English and sent to our general company email at the end of each working day. The template of the Excel spreadsheet will be provided by NMCG.
- If a C-level Executive cannot be contacted, for whatever reason (i.e. away from desk, busy, etc), it is the duty of the contractor to inquire further with other individuals within the company (receptionist, secretary, central desk) and identify full name(s) of the C-level contact(s), contact phone number (including extension), contact email address, level of interest (i.e. if they are very interested, somewhat interested, or not interested at all), and supporting notes (as above). All of this information must be recorded in an Excel spreadsheet (in proper English) that will be provided by NMCG under the following headings: Company Name, Company Phone Number, C-Level Contact, Role Within the Organization ie. (President, CFO, Controller), extension, C-Level Contact Email, and supporting notes. This spreadsheet must be updated and sent to us via email (Email will be provided later) at the end of each working day (4:30pm Eastern Standard Time EST at the very latest). On Friday’s the spreadsheet must be sent to us via email at 12:30pm Eastern Standard Time (EST) at the very latest.
- Contractor is not, under any circumstances, allowed to send emails to Nine Mile Management Consulting prospects/clients.
- Contractor is not, under any circumstances, allowed to correspond with Nine Mile Management Consulting clients/prospects in an unprofessional, illegal, or rude manner.
Skills: management, english