As Accounting clerk work should be done as follows;
1. Maintains files, including filing of general ledger journal vouchers, accounts payable documentation, and other miscellaneous filings.
2.Types a variety of documents, reports, and records.
3.Prepares requisitions for office, computer, and routine supply purchases.
4.Assumes responsibility for effectively researching, tracking, and resolving (or properly referring) accounting or documentation problems and discrepancies.
5. Maintains regular contact with other departments to obtain and convey information and/or to correct transactions.
6. Assists Accounting Department personnel as needed.
7. Audit daily sales reports submitted by location management.
8. Post data to sales journal.
9. Handle customer and employee accounts receivable.
10. Assist with accounts payable, prepare checks.
11. Assist with payroll preparation.
12. Other duties as assigned.