Closed - This job posting has been filled and work has been completed.
We need an advanced, highly experienced developer for on-going work. You must be able to build an advanced, highly structured UI like that of Gmail or Microsoft Outlook web edition, etc. (this isn't a mail client though). This is a front end development job, but basic skills in PHP are expected (the page templates are PHP based).
* Must be familiar with and willing to use Jquery in addition to native JS
* Must be able and willing to read and follow directions accurately
* Must be willing and able to write code that is organized and structured in the same manner and style as existing code.
* Must be able and willing to write reusable and maintainable code. This is a huge project and will have a huge code base when complete. Everything needs to be very organized.
* Must be able to work in a multi-developer environment. This means communicating about any changes you think need to be made to shared core files, and waiting for an OK before committing/making them.
* Should have (at least) a basic understanding of PHP. Advanced PHP skills a plus.
* Must be able to edit MySQL database records using a GUI tool like PHPMyAdmin. Should have a grasp of how relashonal databases store data. You don't need to be an expert at SQL or write any queries.
* Must be consistent and reliable. This is an ongoing project for a part time developer. We expect to need 5 -10 hours per week on an ongoing basis.
* Must be able to meet deadlines.
* Must be able to connect and work over SSH or use a program like FUSE to mount remote shares as local directories. This server does not have FTP access.
* Must be able to solve problems by one's self.
* Must be ready to start immediately.
Much of the work is building reusable UI widgets and components. The work is not trivial however, and needs someone with exceptional skills.