CREATIVE RESPONSIVE WEBSITE DESIGNER / FRONT END DEVELOPER - ONLY APPLY! (WHITE LABEL)
* ONLY APPLY IF YOU'RE A FREELANCER OR A COMPANY THAT ONLY SPECIALIZES IN RESPONSIVE WEBSITE DESIGN / FRONT END DEVELOPMENT *
*COPY & PASTE THE QUESTIONS AND ANSWER BELOW WHEN REPLYING*
Our digital media company has just recently started using oDesk to work with contractors and are interested in finding a CREATIVE RESPONSIVE WEBSITE DESIGNER / FRONT END DEVELOPER for our white label partnership position.
We are looking to find someone that is professional and can meet our high quality standards. This can be a very lucrative position for the right candidate. Show us why you believe that you would be an ideal partner for our company. Please respect our time, serious applicants only.
- Understands key server-side web development concepts through experiences such as:
- Creating visually appealing RESPONSIVE & ADAPTIVE web pages or interfaces
- Creating, editing or modifying templates for a CMS & RESPONSIVE development framework.
- Testing cross-browser, cross-platform, and/or cross-device compatibility for inconsistencies.
- Testing for compliance to specified standards such as accessibility standards in the clients region or domain.
- Conducting observational user testing, or reviewing designs against usability heuristics.
- SEO Optimization (On-Page & Structure)
DOMAIN SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE / TRANSFERABLE SKILLS:
- Familiarity of HTML syntax for multiple specifications, including HTML 5.
- Knowledge of the semantic meaning of all HTML elements.
- Familiarity with the semantic markup for display of lists, tabular data, forms, articles, etc.
- Knowledge of markup used for layout such as dividers.
- Knowledge at the level to be able to hand-code markup.
- Including media and images.
- Familiarity with modifying Drupal Theme hooks to display data
- Understanding how to utilize PHP to filter, process and output html, json, xml
- Specifying different CSS for various media, devices and displays.
- Best practices in CSS file organization and structure.
- Methods for including CSS inline, internal and external via linked style sheets.
- How to define, combine and group CSS selectors for HTML elements, ID, classes, pseudo classes, child or sibling.
- Syntax of CSS declarations, properties and attributes.
- CSS box model and methods for CSS positioning, absolute and relative.
- Knowledge of properties and attributes to control the display.
- Familiarity with differences in CSS 2 and CSS 3.
- Methods to ensure browser & device compatibility
- Methods for degrading gracefully for older browsers and displays.
- Methods to ensure accessibility.
- Knowledge of the operators, variables, datatypes, objects, properties and methods.
- Familiarity with control structures such as objects, functions, conditional statements, arrays, loops and expressions.
- Forms and regular expression validation and submitting data.
- Knowledge of how to apply logical operators and conditional statements.
- Knowledge of the DOM HTML objects and their properties.
- Creating and controlling windows and dialogs.
- Processes for troubleshooting and debugging
- Familiarity with development and debugging tools for cross-browser issues.
- Knowledge of how to employ the jQuery library for visual effects, event handling, and document manipulation.
- content writing and graphics creation or knows someone they can sub-contract to do this (PLEASE INDICATE)
- experience working with an AD agency
- has won awards for website design
Can you provide at least 10 examples of the BEST RESPONSIVE WEBSITE & 10 examples of the BEST ECOMMERCE WEBSITE designs your company has created. Especially, ones with CREATIVE / UNIQUE UI designs.
Please list the COST (USD) / TURN-AROUND (TIME) / APPLIED TECHNOLOGIES (Languages/Framework/Database/Techn
1) Website Link
2) Applied Technologies (Front End)
3) Applied Technologies (Back End)
5) Turn-around Time
- How long have you been in business?
- Do you have any agency experience? If so, please list the agencies you have worked for.
- What is your PRODUCTION PROCESS and how do you normally deal with your clients from CONCEPT to DELIVERY? (if you have a PDF, PowerPoint, video, etc… about your work processes, please include)
- Do you have a Rate Sheet you can send us for your different Website Design / Front End Development services?
- Are you open to Fixed Rates? Are they negotiable? Our clients typically send us a fixed budget to work with and deadlines.
- What payment structure do you offer? Is this negotiable?
- Do you provide unlimited revisions?
* YOU MUST PROVIDE ALL INFORMATION REQUESTED AND MEET ALL REQUIREMENTS ABOVE, OTHERWISE YOUR APPLICATION WILL BE DISQUALIFIED IMMEDIATELY. *
Skills: design, interpreting, on-page, json, dom, troubleshooting, debugging, graphics, pdf, video