Writer to Summarize Chapters from Business Books
Closed - This job posting has been filled.
I am looking for a writer to summarize chapters of important business books that cover topics such as leadership, careers, personal improvement and big ideas. The writer will create a detailed summary from each chapter that captures as much of the content as possible, in the fewest words possible.
Applicants must have:
- Experience with writing summaries in English
- Strong English reading comprehension and writing skills
- Ability to write clearly and concisely
- Fast typing speed (greater than 50 WPM)
As an added benefit, applicants will be reading and summarizing very interesting books that maybe be useful in life and career.
- You will be provided one chapter to summarize as a test of your abilities, and will be paid for your time
- If your work is good (i.e. your summary is well-written and completed in a reasonable time period), then I will provide additional chapters to summarize.
A typical book chapter is approximately 5,000 to 7,000 words, and an effective, detailed summary can be should be written in approximately 1,000 to 1,500 words. The goal is to be a clear and concise as possible.
As a benchmark, I timed my personal summarizing speed, and it takes me about 4 hours to summarize a chapter, approximately 30-45 minutes to read and comprehend the chapter, 15 minutes to outline the main points, and 3 hours to write the summary. Please apply only if you are confident you can achieve similar results.
I have plenty of work available, so if you perform well on the test job, this will turn into a long-term, continuous project. I am looking to pay around $3 to $4 per hour of work including both reading and summarizing.
If you are interested in applying, in your cover letter, please provide at least 3 samples of your written work that showcases your writing style and ability, and explain why you are qualified for this job.