PHP Symfony 2 Developer
Closed - This job posting has been filled and work has been completed.
I am looking for a PHP Programmer with experience creating Symfony 2 websites running on MySQL. The position will entail:
1. Building a production-level website from scratch
2. Working from a loose specification – I originally was going to do this myself, so documentation is thin. You’ll have to be comfortable emailing me frequently and getting lots of answers in writing.
3. Writing back-end PHP scripts to send out email reminders (this requires making a scheduler
4. Basic MySQL knowledge to support the website.
5. Basic knowledge of GIT and working with repositories.
We want someone who’s skilled at interpreting requirements and thinking like a businessman. I’ll help with CSS and JS, but mostly you’ll be doing a lot of the work independently. In addition, I’m looking for someone who has the following:
1. Good working knowledge and experience in Symfony2 and MySQL
2. Ability to build an emailing system that works on a scheduler
3. Technical knowledge for maintaining websites + promoting sales
4. Good command of written English (email and chat will be the primary mode of communication – if you have to have calls to discuss everything please don’t apply. I don’t have time to take calls more than once per week).
5. You have to be able to manage your own schedule and meet deadlines.
7. Should be easily contactable by email
8. Has enough experience to know how to approach certain design issues and can plan for scaling.
How to apply
Please send me your resume and cover letter along with samples of your work. In the cover letter, please include:
1. Your relevant experience for this project (especially with Symfony2 and emailing systems).
2. Your commitments and hours available per week.
3. What the best ways to contact you are.
About the project & me
I am a programmer based in Toronto Canada. I work a full time job as a PHP developer with a lot of JS experience. I’ve got lots of side projects that I’m trying to launch as a way of creating side income. This project is entirely funded by me personally. My hope is to generate enough income from this project to keep the hired PHP developer on permanently. Please keep this in mind when applying. I don’t expect a lifetime commitment, but someone who’s willing to work on this site after launch and maintain it for at least 1-2 years is preferable.
Skills: english, design
Other open jobs by this client
- Fixed-Price – Android Lollipop Settings App