Closed - This job posting has been filled.
MVS is looking for a talented individual or set of individuals with specialized skill sets to build an interactive 3D GUI. This GUI will be developed in DirectX11/Open GL using SharpDX, SharpGL or OpenTK, as part of a C# WPF MVVM desktop application for simulating ventilation networks. This 3D view of the model will be a main component of the overall application GUI. The successful applicant will be an important member of a scrum team, playing a leadership role in determining the most efficient and robust architecture for the interface. Frequent team communication is a priority.
The primary software architecture, tools and data model have been generated by one of our primary developers and Scrum Master and are nearly complete. Thorough design documentation is available in a Confluence wiki. Interfacing with and assisting other team members who are focused on the ViewModel, services and common core will be important. Components of the UI outside the 3D view will be polished for release near the end of Iteration 1.
• Please review the attached document for our required coding standards
and additional details for third party software.
• Project management and Scrum development boards are hosted on
JIRA. Sprints will be two weeks long in the beginning, moving to three
weeks once the team has obtained a working rhythm, and a brief daily
Scrum meeting is required. The standard meeting time and meeting
method will be arranged based on the needs of the team.
• Our code repository and build environment is hosted on an Amazon EC2
virtual machine. All code must build and pass unit testing before it can
3D Developer Listing Details:
• The ventilation network consists of straight-line branches with an
extruded shape and animated symbols.
• Smoothness and speed of operation are critical considerations. A model
may have more than twenty thousand branches with associated
junctions, symbols, and labels as well as dxf or xaml references.
• Examples will be provided, and simplicity will most likely be necessary
(we target engineers, not gamers), but hardware capabilities will be the
primary limitation. New ideas (within the established application
architecture) will be encouraged.
• Vector Mathematics
• Free Form Vector Drawing utilizing various meshes and geometries
• Real-time (re)placement of 3D objects based on data model updates
• Matrix Transforms
• Applying 2D text and images to 3D objects
• Selecting and moving 3D objects
• Various Camera perspectives
• Mesh Generation
• Geometry Processing
• Applying various textures and materials
The successful candidate will be a valued member of our team working most likely working fewer than 20 hours per week and will be invited to participate in optimizing design and implementation as appropriate. All candidates must be comfortable with re-factoring code generated by other developers and having his or her code re-factored as needed. Unit/Integrated testing is a requirement
The hiring process is expected to take a few days the project is currently in the active development stage.