Silverlight C# Web Services web page using MVVM
Closed - This job posting has been filled and work has been completed.
I am in need of a single web page designed in silverlight 4 using c# (4.0), sql server 2008 and web services. All code must be asynchronous.
The page will need to get data from sql server 2008 using stored procedures. It must use the mvvm pattern written in c# using web services with a data access layer and good in-line documentation.
The data is set up as follows:
- The primary data are items for sale. Each item has a name, a date and column called CategoryName.
- All fields are required and must be valid.
- Multiple items can belong to the same CategoryName.
- The table can be a flat design with everything in 1 table.
About the page:
- there will be 2 combo boxes, a date picker, button and 2 grids.
- when it loads, the first combo box will load with a list of products and the other controls will be disabled.
- when the user selects a product from the frist combo box, the second combo box will be enabled and load with the same list of products.
- when the user selects a date, the button enables since all 3 values have been supplied.
- when the user clicks the search button it will search the database for those 2 products for that date and display them in a grid below. The grids will be visible the entire time. The top grid will show the items including the item name, date (same as the search date) and CategoryName. All data can be fake but it must come from the database and be easily changed to match my tables afterwards.
- the last field in the grid will be a check box allowing them select 1 or more items to delete from the database using a sproc.
There needs to be an image button above the grid titled "Add new item" that adds a new line to the first grid when clicked. This will allow the user to add a new item item within the grid. They will supply the information (item name, date and CategoryName) and click a button titled "Update" at the bottom and save changes to the database. This includes new records and ones marked to delete. This will refresh the grid and change any new rows from edit mode to read-only.
There needs to be the ability for the user to enter more than 1 item in the grid at once. All new items are not saved until they click "Update".
When the user clicks the "Update" button, a single row for each CategoryName needs to appear in the second grid with CategoryName and total of all items within that CategoryName. This also needs to happen when the initial search is performed and any records are found. If records are found from the search, items can still be added or removed.
EDIT: there needs to be a button at the button titled "delete". When clicked it needs to delete selected records in the top grid after showing a confirmation button.
Please let me know if you have any questions.