Android Background Service for Status Bar Notifications for Calendar / Reminder App (Titanium Mobile)
Closed - This job posting has been filled and work has been completed.
We are looking for an Android expert to develop a background notification service with Titanium Mobile.
Below are the detailed requirements:
1. Write an Android service with Titanium Mobile, there is already a working version, that we'd like to get improved.
2. Service runs in an interval and checks local database for a reminder. When the reminder should occur, a status bar notification should be displayed.
3. When user clicks the notification, he should be redirected to the app, to a specific View.
4. When user cancels the notification it should re-appear in a certain amount of time (e.g. 1 hour).
5. When there are multiple relevant reminders, each reminder should have a separate notification that leads to a different View in the app. But the maximum number of reminders at a time should be adjustable (e.g. 3)
6. The notification service should re-start when the process is killed (START_REDELIVER_INTENT)
7. The notification service should re-start when the phone is re-booted without prior opening the app.
We're looking for somebody that has proven knowledge about Android, Intents, Activites, Background services etc. with Titanium Mobile.
How to apply
Please respond with a cover letter that includes the following:
1. Your Android development experience, including examples of past work
2. Some ideas how you would solve this task