Accounting Software Demonstration
Project Manager for Accounting/Inventory/Logistics/++ Software Evaluation
***We took this project on as a bet to a friendly competitor. We intend to win it with your skill set***
We are looking for a project manager to oversee the evaluation of multiple add-on components for the Intuit Software Accounting package (http://marketplace.intuit.com). The project is for a small-sized company wanting to use off-the-shelf software to automate as many business processes as possible to demonstrate that more time can be spent relaxing if a business has good systems in place.
Specifically we will be focussing on trialling as many or as few offerings on the intuit website (http://marketplace.intuit.com/) until a combination is found that works in a way that is arguably going to free up more leisure time for our clients.
The job will have different components, with duties including:
1. Managing the evaluation of several trial versions of the Intuit add-on services, especially packages that involve supply chain logistics. This will involve overseeing 2 remote staff and making sure they are on track
2. Creating a project plan with a timeline and assigning milestones
3. Performing QA and reviewing solution as needed
4. Working with management to understand the strategy and execute on it
The project manager will coordinate a high-priority effort so strong managerial skills and detailed plans will be needed.
I am looking for a contractor that has the following skills:
1. Prior project management experience with a technical background in case the need to step in arises
2. Excellent organizational and planning skills with good judgment and attention to detail
3. Good personality to work with remote accounting solution developers and motivate them in their tasks
4. A background in information systems and accounting is helpful, but not necessary
5. A serious attempt to demonstrate the concept of working smart beats working hard.
How to apply
Please submit an informal response that is practical and worth reading that highlights:
1. Your past experience in managing undertrained and under-motivated staff, especially multiple ones and remotely located, if possible
2. Your technical background, including education or decision to not avail of a traditional education.
In addition, please describe your managerial style and how you keep projects on track to meet goals.
About the company
We are a boutique consulting firm that focuses on niche clientele. We have been growing uninterested by 20% over the past 5 years and are aiming to prevent growing more uninteresting to our peers by offering new services determined through playful yet serious experimentation with concepts we believe are achievable for anyone with the right midset.
Our company selects it's clients based on referrals only.