Monochrome is a web application development company based in Leatherhead, Surrey and a Heroku partner. We’ve been building websites and web apps since 1999 and have a wide range of clients from small charities to large corporations.
Monochrome are looking for a couple of enthusiastic Ruby on Rails developers to join the team - Senior developer or middleweight role.
You do need to have at least 2 years of Ruby on Rails experience, be enthusiastic, love building web apps and web sites, and be keen to learn.
The jobs will be based in Leatherhead, Surrey. You will be working alongside the Technical Director and the in-house development and design team, as well as a handful of remote freelancers in a very creative and buzzing atmosphere.
You will have responsibility for building web applications for our clients as well as supporting the development of our own suite of web apps when the need arises. You will be working on some leading brand websites and web apps such as Premier Foods, News International etc...
There is a great opportunity for somebody who wants to take on a lead Ruby on Rails role and play a pivotal role in delivering best practice solutions using the latest technologies.
In addition to high technical standards, we also expect team members to have good social and communication skills and be used to working well with a team and clients in an agile, flexible environment.
You must have experience with:
- Modern RESTful approach to Ruby on Rails development
- Using Git as part of the daily development workflow (or other distributed source control systems)
Experience in the following is a bonus:
- Development on OSX or Linux.
- Working in an agile, flexible environment.
- Testing using RSpec/Cucumber with Behaviour Driven Development
- Systems administration, deploying Rails on a variety of Linux based environments with tools such as Capistrano
- Mobile Hybrid application development (Phonegap, Titanium Appcelerator etc)
- A degree in Computer Science
For lead role candidates you should be fluent in Ruby and have a grounding in one or more of the following: PHP, Python or Java
Salary: competitive and dependent on experience
Applicants must have the right to reside and work in the UK.
We are also always on the lookout for competent freelance/contract Ruby on Rails developers to join our team either in-hse or to work remotely.
Skills: design, agile, administration, linux, science